- About Us
In 1988 Peter Slauson had been locksmithing for 10 years and had experienced tremendous success. Peter wanted to help others succeed the way he had and figured no better way than to start supplying the products that had helped him run a successful business. Knowing almost all small business started out as a hobby or side business, Peter welcomed those who were starting out cutting keys or re-keying locks and provided the support his customers needed to succeed and grow. Peter Sr. had 3 main lines he sold. Lock Pins, Padlocks, and Key Chains.
In 2004 Peter’s son Peter Jr ( PJ ) who had grown up in the locksmithing business working for his father became the managing member and took over the operations and leadership of CLK Supplies. Peter Sr. then could spend all of his time running his locksmithing company which grew to 3 locations and 12 employees. Up to this point CLK Supplies only sales channel was advertising to the local Pacific Northwest market. PJ seeing huge potential on the internet created clksupplies.com within the 1st year the company tripled its sales!
In 2008 sales continued to grow, now having over 30 different product lines in stock we moved into a larger warehouse (pictured above) to maintain our ever increasing inventory.
WHAT WE DO
CLK SUPPLIES provides Lock and Key supplies to the locksmithing industry. We compete on the basis of key products for key people with the highest quality product available at the right price, and with our 'hands on get it done' approach. Our first class "gold" service is important to us knowing our customers are working long hard hours making sure their customers feel safe.
WHY WE DO IT
We've found that Lock & Key buyers waste too much money on junk products without knowing it until it's too late. So we've made sure to leave the "junk" to the other guys and provide the Key Products to the Key People!
- Communication is one of the keys to happiness to working within a team. Don’t leave things bottled up inside. Know what you say will be listened to and taken seriously.
- Believe in Solutions. If something is not working don’t complain and think negatively. Think of a solution or how things can be done better. Help develop solutions to improve aspects of work place and your position.
- Pleasing our customers with above and beyond service is the heartbeat of CLK SUPPLIES. It is what brings us to work each and every day and helps lead us to success. We need to put aside other distractions, putting personal or work related issues on the shelf until we can deal with them later, so we can be 100% available to our customers. Our customers deserve nothing but the best and that is what we will deliver.
- Organization is a key to allowing us to be the best we can be. This will also allow us to be on time, arriving to work on time, arriving to appointments on time, having promises delivered on time, having orders ready on time.
- Do WHATEVER it takes. Help each other out. Go above and beyond. Remember there are no limitations to what we can do and achieve.