Silca Speed 045 Key Machine: New Features | Video
The Silca Speed 045 is a great tool for locksmiths that regularly cut automotive, residential and commercial keys. Designed as a replacement of the Ilco 045HD, professional locksmiths will find it similar to the Bravo 3 machine but with interesting additional features that are highly appreciated by users.
The Silca Speed 045 is the model of choice for the shops or stores of professional locksmiths because of its modern, open style, safety details and operational features. And the mounting bracket included makes it ideal for mobile use as well.
Silca Speed 045: Outstanding Features
Let’s discuss some of the most outstanding features of this professional tool for locksmiths. It will allow you to understand why it makes such a great addition for any locksmith shop or store:
- Clamps: 4-sided, nickel plated with slotted surface to accommodate tip stop bars
- Shoulder Gauge: Spring loaded metal rod with quick adjustable tabs for shoulder gauging
- Calibration: Micro-dial type adjustment for precise calibration Increments of .00098” (0.025mm)
- Mounting Bracket: Included
- Ergonomic handle design, clamps with minimal force
- Accommodates large bow (head) and long blade keys (automotive and cruciform)
- Cutter Shield: Large shield, storage solution for accessories
- Swarf “Chip” Tray: Large tray under carriage
- 3 1/2" (88.9 mm) Spacing between clamps
- 18.1” (460mm) Wide
- 18.1” (460mm) Depth
As a locksmith, you’ll appreciate its four way jaw as it allows you to cut a wide variety of keys. The micro calibration in the tracer is also an interesting feature in this tool as it makes it easy to calibrate keys that have been cut inaccurately.
With an average size and weight, the Silca 045 Speed is a key cutting tool that professional locksmiths should undoubtedly add to their store. Those leading a mobile locksmith business can rely on it too! Comfortable and easy to use, it’s a great key machine for all types of operations.