As an essential part of locksmithing, the key machine stands out as one of the essential locksmith tools to have. There are few other machines that will be used so frequently. Choosing to purchase the correct manual key machine or “daily driver”, so to speak, is of great importance. It may be the difference between enjoying cutting keys on the machine and suffering through. Even worse it could mean high maintenance and even more upkeep cost than the price of a better quality key machine. We have put together this Manual Key Machine Buyers Guide to help out with the process.
Mini Manual Key Machines
MINI MANUAL SPEEDEX
The Mini Speedex is one of the most accurate small key machines on the market.The Mini Speedex has a 4-way jaw which allow it to cut a wide variety of keys. This lightweight duplicator is able to cut regular or large-bow keys. The durable construction and bronze bearings combine for a long lasting product. Its portable size and weight make the Mini Speedex convienient to use in your lockshop or mobile truck.
- Motor: 120VAC (1/10 hp, 1.5 amps)
- Weight: 16 lbs
- Machine Size: 11″W x 8″D x 8″H
- Bench Size: 16″W x 11″D
ILCO 008A MINI MITE
The 008A “Mini-Mite” is a lightweight, compact, yet versatile machine that is perfect for carrying right to the job. Perfect for mobile shops, or wherever space is tight. Despite its small size and features, it carries the trusted name of Ilco to be sure everything is designed and made with quality craftsmanship in mind.
Key Machine Features:
- Duplicates almost all cylinder keys, large bow hotel/motel keys, and double-sided car keys easily (such as Ford Escort and GM Cavalier)
- Contains Two-Position reversible vise jaws that securely clamp residential, padlock keys, and/or double-sided keys without adapters
- Simple key rake device for deburring keys
- Weighs only 9lbs. (4.1kg).
- Available 110V-AC and 12V-DC
Standard Size Manual Key Machines
HPC PREMIER SPEEDEX MANUAL KEY MACHINE
The Premier Speedex® is a manual duplicator, perfect for duplicating even the largest of keys, such as hotel/motel room keys or remote head automotive keys. It is equipped with 4-way jaws for holding a large variety of different blanks, including hard to handle double sided keys (such as foreign automotive keys).
The reversible copy dog allows you to cut flat steel keys with the optional slotting cutter kit (CW-16KIT). The simplicity of operating this machine makes easy work out of duplicating even a large number of keys.
The Premier Speedex® is mounted on a sturdy base and comes equipped with a heavy-duty motor. It also comes equipped with the HPC Softie™ de-burring brush. Its durable construction and bronze bearings combine for a long lasting product.
- Key Machine Model Number: #9160MC
- Motor: 120VAC (1/6 hp, 3.5 amps)
- Weight: 32 lbs
- Machine Size: 12″W x 14″D x 8″H
- Bench Size: 17″W x 17″D
ILCO 045 HD PERFORMANCE SERIES MANUAL KEY MACHINE
The 045 HD Performance Series duplicator is specially designed for cutting popular automotive and commercial cylinder keys. This model is economical, accurate and ideal for counter or mobile use.
- Super Jaw 3, “secure grip”, four-position vise jaws; securely clamps most residential, padlock, or automotive keys without the need for adapters, including double sided types.
- Permanently lubricated cutter spindle shaft ball bearings that are normally found on more expensive models.
- Hardened carriage shaft and cutter spindle provide extended service life.
- Wide spacing between vise jaws; accommodates longer keys
- Dial type depth adjustment system greatly simplifies calibration and improves accuracy
- Special depth limit device guards against cutter contact with vise jaws.
- Equipped with an efficient, “inverter friendly” ¼hp motor
- May be powered by most generators and inverters rated 700 watt or higher continuous output; (110V-AC model).
- Durable Titanium Nitride coated cutter; perfect for duplicating most styles of automotive and commercial cylinder keys
- Built In Circuit Breaker Protection
- “Soft Touch” nylon key deburring brush
- Available 110V-AC and 220V-AC
JET 9000B MANUAL KEY MACHINE
The new Jet manual key machine uses the exclusive Twinst-N-Cut knob, a rack and pinion carriage knob, allowing for flawless and accurate key duplication with a twist of the wrist. The motor is completely enclosed to protect from shavings and other debris, then mounted on a solid cast metal base.
• Four-way jaws accommodate most house, auto and padlock keys
•SIZE:10″W x 7″H x 6″D; WEIGHT: 15LBS
• Available in both 110 volt AND 12v DC, perfect for the mobile locksmith!
RYTAN RY45 MANUAL KEY MACHINE
Rytan has been producing quality locksmith tools and parts for over 30 years. A leading manufacturer of quality craftsmanship and intuitive design, Rytan locksmith tools are an excellent platform for key cutting. The RY45 is no exception. A nice list of features make this machine a perfect addition or primary key machine for any work bench or mobile vehicle.
- Universal 2 Way Vice Jaws
- One Cutter cuts all cylinder keys
- Built-In key gauge
- Built-In Cutter Shaft Lock
- Made in the USA!
Key Machine Specs:
- 115 Volt, 60hz motor
- Machine Weight 23lbs
- Shipping Weight 31lbs
- 16″ wide x 16″ Deep x 7″ Tall
We hope you found this buyer’s guide helpful in comparing and contrasting key machines. To compare prices, see our pricing page here at CLKSupplies.com. To check out some videos of these key machines in action check out our YouTube channel here!