The Advanced Diagnostics SmartCard Calculator and Card Security System allows users to access Advanced Diagnostics online pin codes without the use of the Internet in the field. This locksmith tool works for the TCode Pro and MVP Pro machines and can offer time saving advantages when a technician does not have quick and available access to the internet.
How does the SmartCard Calculator work?
The SmartCard Security System makes use of both a Calculator, which is used to input and read number data, and a SmartCard. For TCode and MVP Pro users, after the system has been selected from the main vehicle menu, the SmartCard is required for each vehicle manufacturer. For those unfamiliar with the process, the tester shows a CHALLENGE code during the programming of a vehicle. To complete the process, the user must enter this code on the SmartCard Calculator. A corresponding RESPONSE code is then displayed on the SmartCard Calculator, which must be entered back into the tester. Providing the CHALLENGE/RESPONSE codes correspond, access to continue will be granted.
These CHALLENGE/RESPONSE codes are different and are not the same for each vehicle, for each program. If a user backs out of the process, a new CHALLENGE/RESPONSE code will be needed.
Safety and Security Features For the SmartCard Calculator
In order to protect the SmartCard and SmartCard software, there are several built-in security features:
- Each SmartCard can be used for a maximum of 5,000 times.
- After 500 uses, the SmartCard will need to be re-charged via the Advanced Diagnostics website
- The card has a total of ten recharges providing the 5,000 limit.
- Once the card has reached its 5,000 limit, a new SmartCard will need to be used.
- The SmartCard is unique to each tester.
- The user has 55 seconds to enter the RESPONSE code. If it is not entered within this time, then the tester will generate a new CHALLENGE code. This will continue to change every 55 seconds while no RESPONSE code is entered.
- The user will have three attempts to enter a correct RESPONSE code. After three incorrect RESPONSE codes, the tester will have to be turned off and re-started.
We hope this has been helpful in further understanding the Advanced Diagnostics SmartCard Calculator. CLKsupplies carries a full range of locksmith tools, programming equipment, and Advanced Diagnostics Products. Visit us online today!